This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’
Mat 6:9-13 NIV
- Celebrate God as your Father. He is loving, compassionate, kind, forgiving. Ask your Father to let you grow in your knowledge and understanding of who He is.
- Take a moment to reflect on His holiness.
- Pray that God’s Kingdom would come: to you personally, to your family, to your area of influence, to our nation.
- Surrender to God’s will. Ask God to reveal His will to you in every situation you face. Ask that his will be done in every situation you face.
- Trust God that it would on earth as it is in heaven. May it be like heaven in my home, my work place
- Celebrate God as the provider of all your needs. Ask God to open your eyes to the needs around you. Ask God to use you as His extension to meet the needs He shows you.
- Continually search your heart. Be quick to ask for forgiveness, be quick to forgive.’
- Rejoice in that knowledge that you are safe with God – HE IS ABLE TO KEEP YOU! Pray for your family to be kept safe from the attack of the evil one.
Pray for our city
Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper. Jer 29:7
God encourages the nation of Israel to pray for the city they are in even when they are in exile. God is encouraging you to pray for the city you find yourself in. Pray that it might prosper. God says that it is his kindness that leads to repentance (Rom 2:4). As you pray ask God to be good to the city you are in. Pray that people will see God’s favour and repent and turn to Him.