Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Pro 3:5-6 NIV
It is not always easy to be honest, especially to be honest with yourself. So often we are blind to our own shortcomings. If I am honest, as I read “in all your ways submit to him”, I must admit that there are areas in my life that I need to submit to Him. There are times that I act in my own strength and not in His. Can I encourage you to be honest, or even better, can I encourage you to allow the Holy Spirit to search your heart and guide you in submitting these areas He points out, to God.
- Holy Spirit search my heart, please show me the areas in my life that is not fully submitted to You.
- Holy Spirit You are the Spirit of Truth, please guide me into all truth in the specific areas You are highlighting in my life.
- Father I confess that in certain areas of my life I have not been submitting to You, forgive me for trying to do it in my own understanding and strength.
- Father I trust you with the paths in my life that are not straight.
- Father thank You for Your faithfulness, I rejoice and give thanks for the victories You are about to bring.
PRAYER FOR THE CHURCH
- Father we pray that You would deepen the submission of the church to You.
- Father bring an increase in fruitfulness to the church as we respond to Your leading.
PRAYER FOR OUR NATION
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:7 NIV
- Father from a place a submission to You we resist the attack of the enemy on our nation.
- Father give us grace to not react in fear and anger to all we see and hear around us.
- Father we pray that all violent protests would be brought to an end.
- Father we pray for Your hand over the hearts and minds of our leaders, we pray that Your righteousness would be established in our nation.