Eph 4:14-15 NIV
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
C H U R C H I N S O U T H A F R I C A
- to bring the Church to greater maturity.
- to protect the church against deception.
- to fill our mouths with truth and love.
- to help the church to grow in submission to Christ.
S A L V A T I O N O F F R I E N D S & F A M I L Y
- Father God, I know that “no one can come to [Jesus] unless the Father . . . draws them” (John 6:44). I ask that You draw _____________ to Your Son, that he/she may know You personally and spend eternity with You.
- Lord God, I ask that You move upon _____________’s heart to accept the Truth of Christ. “Give them a heart to know [You], that [You are] the Lord, [so that] they will be [Your] people, and [You] will be their God,” and may they “return to [You] with all their heart” (Jeremiah 24:7).
- Overwhelm _____________ with the reality of Your love for him/her, that he/she may “grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge” (Ephesians 3:18-19).
- Lord, use me to “open _____________’s eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in [You]” (Acts 26:18).
- Holy Spirit, show me specifically how to minister to each member of my family—whether I should “be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; [or] show mercy, mixed with fear” (Jude 1:23).Reveal opportunities to share about You, and give me the strength to obey when You open the door.
- Father God, Your Word says that “godly sorrow brings repentance which leads to salvation and leaves no regret” (2 Corinthians 7:10).Only You can open our eyes to the reality that all have sinned and fallen short of Your glory. Come upon _____________ with a sense of godly sorrow for his/her sin, that he/she may repent, surrender to You, and be saved.